Delicious is moving to a new home
Yahoo! is excited to announce that Delicious has been acquired by the founders of YouTube, Chad Hurley and Steve Chen. As creators of the largest online video platform, they have firsthand experience enabling millions of users to share their experiences with the world. Delicious will become part of their new Internet company, AVOS.
To continue using Delicious, you must agree to let Yahoo! transfer your bookmarks to AVOS.
Reasons to let Yahoo! transfer your bookmarks
As soon as you let Yahoo! move your Delicious account, you will:
- Enjoy uninterrupted use of Delicious.
- Keep your Delicious account and all your bookmarks.
- Keep the same look and feel of Delicious as you have today, and enjoy future innovations for the product.
What happens if you do not move your bookmarks?
- Delicious in its current form will be available until approximately July 2011.
- After that, you will no longer be able to use your existing Delicious account and will not have access to your existing bookmarks or account information.
I just went to sign in to my Delicious.com and got the message above.
As some of you know, I frequently bookmark items of interest to computer user groups at: http://www.delicious.com/sefc.ug/usergroup.
I have decided to go ahead and transition to the new AVOS, to keep things going.
Do you use Delicious.com? If so, what do you think of all this?